We’re looking for a Frontend Developer to join our development team at Sardius Media. If you are excited about developing cutting edge web applications that help make broadcasters’ lives easier please keep reading.
While we create these Job Descriptions with a fair amount of details, in reality, we tailor fit each position in our company in order to see everyone succeed. That being said if you don’t have all the requirements please feel free to still apply if you deeply care about frontend development, the experience it gives customers, and are willing to learn.
Is this you?
You love learning new things. You enjoy focusing on frontend development, but new tech is exciting to you.
You are comfortable balancing many different things. Front End development can be overwhelming with the ever-changing browser landscape, the vast number of languages and modules, and the need to account for performance with varying networks and devices. You enjoy balancing all the changing variables and demands while still focusing on moving the products forward.
You enjoy seeing things get done. When you do not have a list of tasks given to you, you seek out something meaningful to do. Whether that is helping another team member or learning something new, there is always something to do.
You have the ability to prioritize tasks based on impact. Often times, important tasks can be unclear when working remotely (especially at a startup). An individual who can focus on the right tasks and knows to ignore less impactful ones will do well.
You want to help others. You enjoy helping team members by sharing your knowledge and by directly helping customers or the open-source community.
This is us.
Sardius Media is a development and consulting firm that empowers institutions with customized cutting-edge video solutions. We value Integrity, excellence, and teamwork. We are committed to helping our employees thrive, whether that be through a flexible work schedule or new growth opportunities.
We believe that credentials don't say everything. What you love doing is way more important than the credentials you have.
Some things you could do:
Sardius Media is a startup, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Research, guide, and execute new frontend features for our clients’ applications.
- Build reusable React components with modular CSS, manage data on the client with Redux.
- Refactor or improve existing code. We have done our best to move all of our products to React, but a few are still built with Angular 1 and improvements still need to be made.
- Help improve our code quality by adding documentation, processes and tools into place.
- Review code written by other team members or other teams.
- Help customers via the support team to ensure they have the best experience possible.
- Share what you know and learn either one-on-one or with tech talks to the group and/or blog posts.
- Spend time keeping up with job knowledge by tracking technology advances; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; or participating in professional organizations.
To apply for this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org we’ll get back to you soon - we get back to everyone - even if you won’t be a good fit at the moment :)